skip to Main Content
Talamello

Chapel (known as the cemetery chapel)

 A votive chapel commissioned by Bishop Giovanni Seclani in 1437, it is completely frescoed by one of the most famous artists of the period Antonio Alberti from Ferrara. The back wall shows scenes of the Annunciation and the Madonna Enthroned. On the cross vaults are the four Evangelists and in the corners the Doctors of the Church. In just a few square metres is most of the history of the Church; an extraordinary visual document and a rare and splendid late-Gothic example.

Address: Talamello 47867 RN
Contacts:

Municipality of Talamello
Piazza Garibaldi, 2

Tel: 0541 920036
Fax: 0541 920736
Website: www.comune.talamello.rn.it