Palazzo Mediceo was built between 1517 and 1523. Its main purpose was that of hosting the Governor of San Leo and the Montefeltro area on behalf of the Republic of Florence.
In 1948, it underwent further restoration works and a new floor was added in order to bring back the harmony of the original 17th century building.
The Palace currently hosts the Museum of Sacred Art on the upper floor, the Offices of the Department for Cultural and Tourist Promotion, the Historical Archive and the Library. The ground floor halls host travelling art exhibitions and the Tourist Information Office (IAT).